We met Carolyn Watson three years ago, and now we’ve finally gotten the chance to sit down and speak with her! We discuss her new position at KU and how she got there, why you need to find your “best fit”, and some great hidden gems.
This week we discuss:
- Watson’s Path to the Podium
- Opportunities and competition in the U.S. vs Australia
- David Zinman’s 3 “takeaways”
- Communicating standards to younger musicians
- Teaching on the podium
- Researching and winning a position
- Suite for Lower Strings – Clarice Assad
- Finding your “best fit”
- What qualifies as a “job”
- Hart Institute for Women Conductors
- We are public figures
- Hidden Gems
- Tailoring the program to your students
- Deciding in the moment
- Just do it, and keep going!
Learn more about Carolyn Watson at her website: http://www.carolyn-watson.com
Find this and all other episodes at PodiumTimePod.Wordpress.com. Subscribe and download Podium Time on your favorite podcast player, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.