A violin is a violin, but no two singers are the same. Today we talk with Gianmaria Griglio about the importance of imagination, the most important aspect of score study, and how we expect people to listen to concerts.
This week we discuss:
- Music education in the U.S. and Europe
- On conducting opera
- Conductor mistakes
- The most important thing
- The people in the orchestra are not stupid
- A violin is a violin everywhere, but a singer…
- On opera rehearsals
- Admired figures
- Balancing conducting and composition
- A brief rant on contemporary music
Find this and all other episodes at PodiumTimePod.Wordpress.com. Subscribe and download Podium Time on your favorite podcast player, and connect with us on Facebook and Twitter with the buttons below.